Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Show results and new work!

The Atascadero Wine Festival was such a great experience and a terrific day, tho' a bit on the warm side. Attendance was terrific even with the temperature being high. (O.K., so high is high? They were icing the RED WINES!!!)

I met a lot of people who had never experienced my form of quilt art. The idea that I use found, non-fabric materials and artifacts was very intriguing to many people. I had two leads on future commissions which was a perfect end for the day. That kind of exposure is hard to come by and is usually found only when showing in a gallery or by word of mouth.

BTW, we raised money for the Charles Paddock Zoo, the only zoo located in all of San Luis Obispo County.

Here is a smaller piece I have just finished:







No comments: